This Mexican casserole recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. The casserole uses healthy ingredients including ground turkey, fiber dense black beans, corn and a flavorful seasoning that brings a slight heat and smokey taste. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 small Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Store bought or homemade
- 14 oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 3/4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 15 oz Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Cup Long-Grain White Rice
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Jack, etc.).
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey, onion and peppers in a saute pan.
- Once cooked add tomotes, tomato paste, corn, black beans and taco seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Add rice and chicken stock.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, remove foil and top with cheese. Bake another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, avacado, black olives or any other toppings.